For the past 5 years, ever since I got into kitbashing fashion dolls, I have been CRAZY IN LOVE with the Shani Nichelle sculpt. And when it was left out of the Barbie Basics lines, I even repainted several Nichelle dolls I had as custom BBs.
I adore this sculpt. Before the Mbili sculpt (which is used for the entire So In Style line which I am kinda crazy about due to Trichelle and Chandra) and Goddess sculpts because the “default” African American sculpts for most Barbies, a lot of the Holiday and Avon Exclusive Barbies had this sculpt. But otherwise, she was pretty thing on the ground.
I about LOST MY MIND when designer Linda Kyaw brought back the Nichelle sculpt for the first time in however many years for the LSU Barbie. I love the new facial screening, and plan on getting and redressing/restyling a few of these, once my financial sitch improves.
But mostly, I just wanted to make happy squeaky noises of glee at the sculpt returning after so damn long.
- robertbowling likes this
- ccshugar reblogged this from fuckyeahdollsofcolor
- ccshugar likes this
- theunwantedmisfit likes this
- wowshoujo likes this
- zesticola likes this
- aurorasdream likes this
- legrevelations likes this
- giftiecake likes this
- laurenlogic likes this
- baskingsunflower reblogged this from dangercupcakemurdericing and added:
- dangercupcakemurdericing reblogged this from fuckyeahdollsofcolor and added:
- vinylhazard likes this
- istillplaywithdolls likes this
- fringe-element submitted this to fuckyeahdollsofcolor